- Swimsuit for the hot tub and sauna
- Workout clothing if you plan to use our workout room
- Polarized sun glasses
- Camera or phone for big fish pictures
- Small overnight bag for your overnight stay in Winnipeg
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Dry bag to keep items dry in the boat
June Clothing Suggestions
- Waterproof Rain gear
- Warm jacket
- Long sleeve fishing shirts
- Hooded fleece sweatshirts
- Insulated underwear
- Quick dry fishing pants
- Wool or polyester socks
- Warm, heavier jacket
- Warm, comfortable hiking boots or shoes
- Insulated gloves
- Warm hat
July & August clothing suggestions
- Waterproof rain gear
- Quick dry fishing pants or shorts
- Short or long sleeve fishing shirts or T-shirts
- Hooded fleece sweatshirt
- Light to midweight jacket
- Comfortable socks
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes
Complimentary in your cabin
Your private lakefront cabin at North Haven Resort features all the comforts of home. You will be treated to a Keurig coffee machine with a wide selection of coffee and tea choices, satellite radio, WIFI, small fridge stocked with bottled water, ice delivered daily, drinking glasses, hair dryer, body wash, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, bath towels, hand towels, warm robes, slippers, pillows and all bedding.
North Haven Resort always provides complimentary use of high-quality fishing rods, reels and tackle during your stay with us. Your fishing guide will have tackle and lures in the boat that are proven to work on Utik Lake. If you’d like to purchase you own lures, the North Haven Resort store is fully stocked with the top lures for northern pike, walleye and lake trout. Our store also offers a large selection of North Haven Resort clothing, Simms rain gear, Buffs, snacks, beverages, commemorative gifts and more.
Suggested rods and reels
- Northern Pike – 7’ medium-heavy or heavy weight rods, reels with 30-50lb braided line and 60-80lb steel or titanium leaders.
- Walleye: – 6’ medium spinning rod with medium size reel and 12 to 20 lb line.
- Northern Pike: Mepps Bucktails, (Anglia size 5, Musky Killer or Giant Killer colors red, black, yellow or white with silver or gold blades); Johnson’s Silver Minnow (4 inch size, color silver or gold); Doctor Spoons (color of gold, silver, green or silver/blue); Half-Wave Spoons (colors red/gold or silver/red); Spinner baits (3/4 oz or 1 oz size, colors white/silver, dark orange/gold and other combinations); Any 4” to 6” hard or soft body jerk baits in natural colors. Most successful northern pike baits used on our lakes: Johnson Silver Minnow with a 4” white twister tail and a #5 Mepps Spinner.
- Walleye: Any color jigs – we suggest a mixture of dark and light shades depending upon the weather, size 1/4 oz., 3/8 oz. and 1/2 oz. depending upon the wind and conditions during the day, white, yellow or pink twister tails size 3” and 4”.
Fly fishing for northern pike
- 9’, 9wt or 10wt rod with wire tippet with minimum 20lb test leader.
- Topwater flies or streamers 4” to 10” in length.