Can you go fishing during the current COVID-19 Pandemic?
During this unexpected time of quarantine, social distancing, and working together to stop the spread of COVID-19, North Haven Resort wants you to stay safe. We cannot wait to host your next fishing getaway, but for now, your fishing must take place elsewhere. True, North Haven Resort on Utik Lake is well known for producing trophy fish and anglers worldwide come to Utik Lake to catch some of the largest Northern Pike anywhere in North America. Until we can host your next getaway, keep in mind these key tips for your pandemic fishing outings.
Guidelines for safe fishing during the COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or troubled breathing.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others. A good way to measure this is with your fishing pole! Hold the pole straight out in front you. If you can turn in a circle without hitting anyone, that is a safe distance.
- Appropriate precautions should be taken to protect close contacts who are at the highest risk of serious complications from COVID-19 (i.e., people older than 60 years and those living with chronic conditions).
- Follow CDC guidelines, such as wearing a mask in public.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not available.
- Drive to your fishing spots only with your immediate family members and only if everyone is feeling well.
- Don’t share fishing gear with others. Each angler should have their own fishing gear (rod and reels, bait, lures, towels, pliers, and other personal items).
Agriculture and Resource Development Minister Blaine Pedersen offers: “Recreational fishing is a great way to get outside, explore the outdoors and enjoy Manitoba’s wilderness.” Fishers are reminded to follow the rules for entering and exiting the waters, decontamination, and bait requirement.
When the Pandemic’s Passed, Unwind at North Haven Resort
Conveniently situated inside the main lodge are North Haven Resort’s sauna, massage studio, and fitness center. Our professional massage therapist offers many treatments ranging from deep tissue to hot stone massages in a variety of lengths. Our sauna is the perfect place to detoxify and revitalize while you steam away your aches and worries. You also may schedule one of a variety of massage therapy treatments in our relaxing massage studio. North Haven Resort’s spa also includes a fitness center, equipped with an elliptical machine, treadmill, stationary bike, free weights, yoga mats, and a multi-use weightlifting machine. When the time is right, Contact Us to plan your relaxing getaway!