Travel Safely and Plan Ahead
North Haven Resort is ready for you…when you are ready for us. We understand that now is not the ideal time for travel safely; however, when the times is right, North Haven Resort wants to give you the time of your life. Until then, we want to remind you of the safest ways to travel if you must. Please be careful out there. Consider some of our awesome Staycation ideas in our previous post. In addition, look ahead to better times by considering the splendor of North Haven Resort’s fishing, fun, spa and relaxing in gorgeous surroundings.
If You MUST Travel
This is the latest information posted by CDC, in partnership with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and other port-of-entry partners.
Travel increases your chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. CDC recommends you stay home as much as possible, especially if your trip is not essential, and practice social distancing especially if you are at a higher risk of severe illness. Don’t travel if you are sick or travel with someone who is sick.
CDC recommends you stay home as much as possible and practice social distancing: if you must travel, be aware that many businesses (shops, restaurants, and hotels) may be closed. Consider these tips prior to leaving, if you MUST travel:
- Prepare food and water for the road. Pack non-perishables as restaurants and stores could be closed.
- Bring all medicines you may need for the duration of your trip.
- Pack alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and keep it readily available.
- Book in advance if you must stay somewhere overnight.
- Plan for as few stops as possible, but make sure you rest when you feel drowsy or sleepy.
- Bring an EPA-registered disinfectant and other personal cleaning supplies.
If you must travel, protect yourself and others during your trip:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Keep 6 feet of physical distance from others at all times.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Pick up food at drive-through, curbside restaurant service, or stores. Do not dine in restaurants.
Keep in mind: this won’t last forever. When travel restrictions are lifted and life returns to normal, you will be ready for an incredible experience at North Haven Resort. And we will be ready for you!